Weekly news - December 9th-December 13th
Last Scholastic Order of 2019!
If you would like to order books to arrive before Winter Break, please place orders ONLINE by Wednesday, December 11th. Any orders placed after this date will not be received until January. To place orders, please go to https://clubs.scholastic.com/ and use our class code: PH6PG. If you are giving books as holiday gifts and would like them kept a secret from your child, please send me a message on Remind or email.
Winter Performance Attire:
Students should wear BLACK long sleeve or turtleneck shirts and jeans or dark pants. Black Adidas attire (track suits) are encouraged! If your child has a BLACK beanie or fedora, those are the only hats that should be worn. This is for our performance dates only, December 19th & 20th.
Our class holiday party and potluck will be held on Friday, December 20th at 12pm. Please sign up to donate and help make this last holiday party in elementary school the most memorable one yet!
Approved volunteers and one-time volunteers (with application approved by office) are welcome to attend!
Yankee Candle Fundraiser is LIVE! Please sign up and start selling candles today to support our fifth grade class. This fundraiser will be live until January 8, 2020 so please share with your family and friends via email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Please be sure to sign up for REMIND updates:
- Text 81010 with the message @vintage5t
- Classroom messages will be sent exclusively with Remind. You may also contact the teacher using Remind during office hours 8am-5pm. I try to respond to messages during breaks from instructional time throughout the day.
- Friday, December 6th - Student of the Month assembly
- Thursday, December 19th & Friday, December 20th- Winter Holiday Performances
- Friday, December 20th - Holiday Party and Potluck @ 12pm in Room 8
- Monday, December 23rd - Friday, January 10th - NO SCHOOL (Winter Break)
- Monday, January 20th - NO SCHOOL (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
We are collecting Box Tops for Education. Please attach box tops to a sheet of paper and turn into our class Box Top collection box or the main box in the office.
Thank you for your classroom donations!
If you own a carpet cleaner and are willing to come in on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon to help clean our classroom rug, please let me know!